Sunday, June 12, 2011

My little sister's wedding

We have been so busy the last few weeks.  My sister got married Saturday, June 4.  The Thursday before I threw a bachelorette party for her.  We had a crazy and fun evening.  I decided to pick her up and have her blindfolded so she would have no idea where we were going.
We went out to dinner and then also did a fun scavenger hunt and some other games.  It was nice to spend some time with my sister before the big day.

On Friday we had all gotten our nails done and Landon got a hair cut for the wedding.  Emma absolutely loved being pampered.  I found the pedicure to be so relaxing.  I hope to be able to do that again. We also had the rehearsal dinner at HuHot which was so good.  We even got to have cheesecake for dessert.  Afterwards we went to the church to rehearse what we were suppose to be doing on Saturday.  The kids did not get it right once so I was very worried about what was going to happen Saturday.  Then all the decorating needed to be done except all my kids wanted to do was tear things up so I took them home to put them to bed.  My husband took Stephen, the groom, out to the movies so he could get to know his new brother in law better.

Saturday morning started with hair appointments. So right after breakfast, I loaded the kids up and went to pick up the bride to take her to her hair appointment.  Since Emma was the flower girl she also had an updo done.  These took three hours and the kids were starving and ancy from sitting so long.

From there I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some drinks and platters to have in the bride's room so we could all eat and get ready at the church.  Melissa stayed in the car with my kids so it wouldn't take as long.  I wanted the kids to have a nap before the wedding but it didn't happen because we had to start pictures at 2pm.





The wedding was beautiful. Landon did not make it as a ring bear. Without having a nap he was way overtired at 4pm and right before he was suppose to walk out he started crying and screaming and did not enter the ceremony.  His grandmother got him asleep within minutes and she was able to sit in during the ceremony. 


Both Melissa and Stephen got very emotional with their vows and it was so sweet.  We had a nice dinner reception and by the end we were all so exhausted and still had to do the clean up.  My Aunt and cousin put together the reception and cleaned it up so that was a marvelous help.  My mom and I worked on cleaning up the church and collecting all the pieces of formal wear that needed to be returned.  We had rented everything.

I believe the wedding went very well and my sister was a beautiful bride.  I think the two of them are a perfect match and will live a very happy life together.  Congratulations Melissa and Stephen!!! I love you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment