Friday, August 12, 2011

No More Internet In My Home

We have not had television or internet in our home for about a month and a half.  We do still have a DVD player and a VHS player but do not own very many movies.  It has taken some adjustment to get use to not just turning on the TV at times and even more getting use to not being able to get on the internet which is the only reason I ever touched my computer.  I do get so much spiritual encouragement from reading other women's blogs that I was starting to feel depressed with giving it up.  So you will not be hearing from me too often anymore.  I will get on when opportunity arises or if we do get an internet service some time.

For a pregnancy update I am now 35 weeks along and am feeling very large and tired as time draws near and feeling as though I am getting bigger every day.  I have had to get a lot of blood work done at each appointment and was told that I have low platelets that they must monitor which concerns me a bit for when I give birth to our baby because there will be quite a bit of blood involved.  She is measuring right on track and everything else seems to be going well.  Not too much longer to go.

Proverbs 29:15

King James Version (KJV)

 15The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.

I have been trying to put this verse into practice lately as I had not realized how often I was letting my kids watch TV so I could get something done around the house.



So I am trying to include my children in all of my daily tasks instead of trying to occupy them somewhere else in the house so that I can get done faster.  Doing so makes far less fighting and ends up being easier on all of us.  The kids are so much happier helping mommy then watching TV or playing in the other room.

No comments:

Post a Comment