Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Sunday

We started the morning off at our church sunrise service.  My alarm on my cell phone only vibrated and did not wake us up, but luckily my husband naturally woke up at 6:15am.  While he showered I had to quickly prepare a ham and cheese scrambled eggs for the breakfast following the service.  While I showered and got ready my husband got all the sleepy littles out of bed and ready to go out the door. They were able to stay in their jammies for this service. 



The sunrise service was wonderful and a group even carried a cross for a mile walk where we met outside in a gazebo at our local park.  We sang praises to our Lord and our pastor gave a short sermon.  We were surprised when we arrived because a couple that my husband had invited came.  Immediately following we all headed back to our church for a breakfast and fellowship.  It was also announced that a family had lost their daughter in the night so we had a moment of silence and prayer. If you could pray for this family also it would be appreciated.


We went home and got dressed in our Sunday best and also loaded the cars with everything we would need for our family cook out we planned to do at the lake.  We also gave the older two kids new bikes and helmets.  My mom got them each a new stuffed animal and my sister and her boyfriend got them fishing poles. Once we had everything loaded we headed back to the church for our regular Sunday service.  I unfortunately had nursery duty so I was unable to sit with my family, but at least the sermons are now available online.

At the lake we grilled hamburgers and brats and had lots of other great food.  We did our egg hunt with the kids and even let them go fishing for the first time.  It was such a wonderful day of fellowship with family and friends and to celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment