Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Look who's talking now

Savannah is growing up so fast.  She is 8 1/2 months old now and time has just flown by.  She started saying Ma Ma two days before Easter. I wasn't sure if it counted because it was only when she was mad and started screaming for me.  Then the next day we were at Walmart and my husband was holding her right outside the dressing room while I tried something on and I hear her start crying out for me again. About three weeks later she started saying Da Da, however, when she said Da Da she was perfectly happy and just cheerfully saying it over and over again.  She now will say both all the time.  Emma thinks she is beginning to say her name.





What an absolute joy she is to our home.  She rarely ever cries and is usually always so happy.  She isn't crawling yet but she scoots backwards.  If she gets herself backed up into the wall she starts crying for help.  Her siblings can get her cracking up and they will all be laughing with each other.  She has not been very interested in solids so instead of spoon feeding her purees we have been chopping up bananas, avocados, and baked sweet potatoes for her to feed herself.  She loves to feed herself and avocados seem to be her absolute favorite.  She also seems to be teething but so far no teethers have made it through the gums. I love that toothless grin.


No comments:

Post a Comment