Friday, June 22, 2012

Should stay at home wives be ironing their husband's clothes???


I am learning that there are many seasons in this life.  At the moment, I am in a season with three small children four and under who are constantly in need of my attention and care.  In this season pretty much only the basics get accomplished. Each day everyone is bathed with fresh clothes, I prepare three healthy meals, the dishes are washed and put away, trash is taken out, the laundry is washed and put away, and the Bible is read aloud.  Aside from that I am constantly tending to the urgent needs of the little ones and trying to instill good character in them, nursing a baby, changing diapers, and potty training.

In this season of life with all its chaos (along with joy and laughter), my husband has taken it upon himself to do his own ironing for his work clothes as it is difficult for me to keep up.  Seasons will pass and our children will grow.  There will come a time that I will be able to assist my husband in this way but for now this is what is working best for our family.


Matthew 11:28-29 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls

No comments:

Post a Comment